What's Cooking, Shaker? is a food-related blog for and by the members of the Shaker Heights Ward.

Saturday, March 15, 2014

Marie Callendar's Cornbread

Marie Callendar's Cornbread Copycat
contributed by Janelle Nutter

1 box (18.25-oz) yellow cake mix
2 boxes (8.5-oz) corn muffin mix


Mix each according to directions, combine, bake.

That's it! Seriously. Unfortunately, you don't really ever want to make that much unless you're cooking for a crowd, because it'll probably make two 9x13-inch pans. I have all my dry goods in clear acrylic canisters, and after I discovered this recipe, I had to get a new one to keep dry mix in. Whenever I need more, I just open up the dry mixes, dump them into a big bowl, and mix them with a fork, then pour the dry mix into my canister. Starting with that, here are the portions you need to know for making a single meal amount of cornbread.

1 3/4 cup dry mix
1 egg
8 tsp milk (2 tbsp + 2 tsp)
4 tsp oil (1 tbsp + 1 tsp)
1/3 cup water


Bake in a greased 8x8-inch pan at 350 for about 20-25 minutes.

No comments: